Is it possible to stop a flow pulling in a duplicate line item

Hi all,

Hope you are all well!

With the help of this community i have created a form that will automatically identify how a line item and how long it is before being cancelled. This form will then send emails to Project Managers once we are 5 days away from cancellation and then a day away.

Because of this, we are going to run a flow that allows us to automatically add projects to this form once they are placed on hold.

They will then have 90 days to resume before cancellation.

When we run the flow, we have many of the same project come through.

I want to know is there a way to stop this, we have Projects identified with an ID code if that would help, i imagine it could be used.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Dan

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

I think you'll need a status column somewhere to drive this automation. So something where you automatically change the status to something like On Hold.

Then in your automation you'll want to check to make sure you're checking for the status to change to On Hold as your trigger. If you make it the condition, you'll copy the row over every time your conditions match and the status is On Hold. If you make it the trigger it will only trigger the first time the status changes to On Hold, preventing the duplications.

At mention me if you still have questions, but this should get you close.

• Thanks for the comment David,

unfortunately this does not stop the same line item being brought over as the line item exists multiple times on what we pull from.

Really unsure what to do in this instance.

Thanks for the help though!

Dan