Can't always open calendar details on Smartsheet Calendar app

Justin Ramos
Justin Ramos ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

For some reason, I can't open all of my rows on the Smartsheet calendar app when I click on it for more details. When I click on some, it does nothing. If I click on some others, it will open and I can click back to the row that didn't open and it will open with job details. I narrowed it down to rows that are duplicated give me this issue or when we put in rows that has automation to cell change the job duration to make it 1 day. Anyone else experience this?

Best Answer

• Justin Ramos
    Justin Ramos ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Smartsheet support is still working on this issue but they narrowed it down to a formula I had on a mult-select and because of that, I wasn't able to open calendar details. I created a work around by creating a regular text column and just linking the information to that column and presenting it on calendar app and haven't had any issues since

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Justin Ramos-Flynn

I'm unable to replicate what you'e describing - all of mine open with the Details panel. However, I tested with a different type of change cell workflow (updating text, not duration).

Can you clarify how you're "duplicating" rows? Are you copying the row in the sheet, or duplicating it some other way? Can you also identify what view you're in (ex. Multi-Month) in case this has to do with it, as well?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P. We copy and paste rows to have the job under a different installer (owner). We are looking in a daily view. I submitted a ticket with Smartsheet Support because I can't get it to work still sent in all the info they requested to escalate the issue

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Justin Ramos-Flynn

This is definitely unexpected behaviour, so it's good you're in contact with Support! I copied/pasted rows with the workflow and they opened just fine, so there may be some other setting going on or something specific with your sheet. Support will be able to troubleshoot this with you in more detail, thank you for providing them with the requested details.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Justin Ramos
    Justin Ramos ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Smartsheet support is still working on this issue but they narrowed it down to a formula I had on a mult-select and because of that, I wasn't able to open calendar details. I created a work around by creating a regular text column and just linking the information to that column and presenting it on calendar app and haven't had any issues since