How do I cusomize system generated date created?

This generates a date and a time. How do I customize so I just get the date.

I can then use a formula to count across a date range. I cant if thee is a time in the cell too.

Answers

• Brent Wilson
    Brent Wilson ✭✭✭✭✭

You need a helper column.. Create the Created Column as an Auto number system date and create a Helper Column called say Record Created

In the Record Created Column simply put a column formula like =Created@row.

Now you can format the column..

also, you can do use formulas in your helper column like =Dateonly(Created@Row)

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

• Phil Wightman
    Phil Wightman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Brent Wilson

Thanks for the suggestions.

I added a column next to the system generated one and pasted each of your suggestion but neither results in just a date in the helper column. I just get #UNPARSABLE

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Phil Wightman

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

Brent's =Created@row formula should work.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi! Just had an issue with this as well. The helper column needs to be changed to a date column not the default text/number type. Once I updated it worked! Thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!