Multiple Users

Options

Hello,

I'm planning to use Smartsheet Grid as the Database. I will be having multiple (5) users with their own filter and view. The owner of the row/cells are labelled with their names. Does Smartsheet has limitation in terms of saving??? It is possible users will be saving all of the same time.

Best Answer

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have found that sometimes work does get "saved over" when multiple people are using the same sheet at the same time, but other times it is fine.

That being said Smartsheet does show when others are in the sheet, who is in the sheet, and has a pop up when they save changes and suggests refreshing the sheet before continuing. In my experiences many times this is enough to avoid accidently saving over someone else's work.

You can also it up to autosave every so many minutes if you like.

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have found that sometimes work does get "saved over" when multiple people are using the same sheet at the same time, but other times it is fine.

That being said Smartsheet does show when others are in the sheet, who is in the sheet, and has a pop up when they save changes and suggests refreshing the sheet before continuing. In my experiences many times this is enough to avoid accidently saving over someone else's work.

You can also it up to autosave every so many minutes if you like.