filters and burndown chart

Hey there,

quick questions:

• Can I apply multiple filters in the card view section (e.g. I need to filter by person, sprint and epic/project)
  • Is there a burndown chart report to analyse the team’s productivity?

Thanks for the help!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Mica

1) Would you be able to share a screen capture of how you have set up your card view? (But please block out sensitive data).

You can apply multiple conditions to a filter, see: Create a Filter to Show or Hide Data. However if your lanes are set up to be per-person, it won't hide the lane, it will just filter out the data shown in that lane. Does that make sense?

For example, here is my Card View per person:

Then if I filter by only my tasks (Genevieve), and only for Q1 2021, there's only one card that meets that criteria. Krissia's lane still shows, but the card has been filtered out:

You can see that I put two conditions in my filter. Is this what you were looking to do?

2) In regards to your burndown chart, what exact data are you looking to report on?

It's likely that we can use formulas or a report looking at this sheet to calculate numbers, then you can use the numbers in a Chart Widget on your Dashboard. However in order to calculate these numbers we'd need to identify what it is you're looking to evaluate. Would you be able to explain further?

Cheers!

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!