Row number no longer in notification emails.

As of this morning Smartsheets comment notification emails no longer include a row number for the comment in question. My users are still able to click the link to go directly to the row where the comment was logged, but some of my users reference the row numbers from the email and this leaves them out of the loop.

Is this an intentional change or a defect? I can't see a good reason why this was removed.

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @JimDee

Thank you for your post! May we see how your workflow is setup for this as well as what the email message looks like for when they receive it? Send us a screenshots on this (block out sensitive data).

I am unable to replicate the same issue. I tested this by setting up a workflow with regards to comments being added or changed, the email message shows the row number to reference which one.

Cheers!

Krissia

• In this case it's not a workflow, it's basic sheet functionality. Users are adding or replying to comments and tagging other people as part of the conversation. When people are tagged they receive emails. I attached two images.* In the one labeled BEFORE you can see that the notification email shows the row where the comment can be found. In the one labeled NOW it's missing.

* Sheet names are redacted...

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @JimDee

I see the same thing happening with my comments/@mentions and emails. I've created a Support case on your behalf and I'm escalating this with our team so we can investigate if there was an update and this is expected or if there's an issue that needs to be addressed.

Thank you for your screen captures!

I'll follow-up on this thread once I have more information for you, and our Support team will reach out privately via email as well.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @JimDee,

Support has confirmed that the behaviour you're experiencing is indeed a Bug and we are now actively investigating the root cause.

Just to note, this only seems to occur when using the @mention feature. If you are subscribed to a thread already and someone adds a comment, this comment should come through with the row number as expected.

Thanks again for making us aware of this detail!

Cheers,

Genevieve