Proofing - Exporting Markup

Katye Reed
Katye Reed ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello All, 

Is anyone aware of a way to export proofing comments and markup? Currently, I have to take screen shots of the file and the comments to compare with the previous version and use for archiving purposes.

Thanks for the assist. 

Comments

• Sara_Cook
    Sara_Cook Overachievers

A few people asked this question at Engage, and the response at the time was that this is not current functionality, but it is on the roadmap.  I don't know when, though.  It would definitely be a useful feature - I was just asked about it today, too!

• Katye Reed
    Katye Reed ✭✭✭✭✭

At least it is on the roadmap. But it is a pain trying to take a screen shot of all mark up and comments. Hopefully, they implement this sooner rather then later. :) 

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you looked into using new Versions instead of creating a new file?

• Katye Reed
    Katye Reed ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Paul,

We do create new versions that incorporate updates. For our medication order sets process, if Joint Commission were to come and ask to why certain changes were made to a particular order set, we need the ability to share all of the historical comments across all versions to meet regulatory requirements. Currently, the only way to do this is through screen shots, unless we wanted to grant them access to the sheet itself (which we don't). 

Is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks so much for the assistance!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. Understood. Unfortunately not at this time.

While it is already on the roadmap, submitting a product enhancement request wouldn't hurt. It will let them know that people are in fact eagerly awaiting the update.

• Jackie Callahan
    Jackie Callahan ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there any updates on this? I'm need to be able to export a doc with comments to use this functionality and was hoping maybe it's been implemented and I'm not seeing how?

Thanks!

• Hello,

I am also looking for an update on this request. My company has been utilizing the proofing tool much and are very happy with it, however the inability to export it is a severe limitation that we would be very happy to see corrected.

Thanks!

• Is there an update on this? Exporting comments is the only thing keeping us from implementing this functionality.

• I am also looking for an update. The only workaround I've found is to export as a PDF to see the comments, but this isn't efficient, as it doesn't indicate on the print WHERE the comment points to. It would be nice if they could incorporate Adobe's markup / commenting functionality.

• itsnotbroken
    itsnotbroken ✭✭✭✭✭

We can tell what they think about this feature by the response. 2 years of requests and no movement.

I love the review process IN SMARTSHEET, but how do we send that back to the designer, or architect. They are NOT smartsheet users,and they dont see the entire comment list.

It really sounded like a great idea, but not if you can't send it to someoune outside of your org.

We don't use proofing anymore becaue Adobe already has all of this built in & everyone knows how to use it.