Count Formula for At-Risk

Hello,

Im trying to count all the At-Risk items for a specific team in the sheet summary. I have a Status column and a Team Owner column. Ideally, I would like to know what the formula would be for capturing the number of items At-risk for a specific team.

Best Answer

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Ashley!

Your formula doesn't quite match up with what you named your column.

Your column has a hyphen between "At" and "Risk" - so it's actually named "At-Risk".

So if you wanted to utilize my formula above with that spelling, all you need to do is update the formula to this:

=countifs([At-Risk]:[At-Risk],true,[Team Owner]:[Team Owner],"CLBSD")

Alternatively, you could update the formula to utilize the Status column instead:

=countifs([At-Risk]:[At-Risk],"At-Risk",[Team Owner]:[Team Owner],"CLBSD")

Make sense?

Let me know if that works for you!

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/29/21

Do you have a dedicated "At Risk" column, like a flag? Or a Column that simply says "At Risk"?

I don't know the names of your columns, but if I had to take a stab at it, I'd use something like this. My example is if you have an "At Risk" flag, and if "Brett Wyrick" is the name of your Team Owner.

=countifs([At Risk]:[At Risk],true,[Team Owner]:[Team Owner],"Brett Wyrick")

For ease of use, I'd add this formula to a "Summary Field", which you can get to by clicking this icon on the right side of the sheet:

Let me know if this solution works!

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• I was trying do it off the status column but that didn't appear to work so I added a at-risk column and put the formula you recommended but its still not working

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Ashley!

Your formula doesn't quite match up with what you named your column.

Your column has a hyphen between "At" and "Risk" - so it's actually named "At-Risk".

So if you wanted to utilize my formula above with that spelling, all you need to do is update the formula to this:

=countifs([At-Risk]:[At-Risk],true,[Team Owner]:[Team Owner],"CLBSD")

Alternatively, you could update the formula to utilize the Status column instead:

=countifs([At-Risk]:[At-Risk],"At-Risk",[Team Owner]:[Team Owner],"CLBSD")

Make sense?

Let me know if that works for you!

Love,

• That worked! thank you!

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭

That's great! Can you mark this as "answered" by clicking the Yes on this comment? Helps others find similar solutions when they're searching!

Thanks!

Love,

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!