smartsheet reference manager - Status "Processing"

Good Afternoon, all of my references are still in a status of processing, and I set these up on Friday 10.29.21. Do we have a way to get these going? Every time I do these, they take forever

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Melissa Munoz

There are a number of factors for why this may be taking a while to load. How complex/large is the sheet that you are looking in to?

See this article for potential causes and resolutions: Issue: Smartsheet Is Slow to Load or Save

If that hasn't helped, have you tried creating these references on a different Network connection? See: Issue: Smartsheet Is Continuously Loading, Not Responding, or Not Displaying Certain Items

Cheers,

Genevieve

• The sheet I am referencing only has 1 row populated, so it is not large nor very complex. I just need to know what to do to push those through, its getting tedious. This is the sheet

And here are all the items that are processing since 10/29!

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Melissa Munoz

Thank you for clarifying; you are correct, a sheet with only one row should not be causing the references to keep processing.

Can you identify what browser you are on, and if creating a reference on a different browser gives you the same issue? Have you tried connecting to a different network?

• @Genevieve P.

I am using Chrome - is there another preferred browser? Regarding network - I am on the business secured network, which I cannot just change. I am not sure how to handle this. I always have this issue - the processing takes awhile, but it usually resolved within 24 - 36 hours - which is still unacceptable; this, however, is now days, and I am not sure how to move forward. Not sure if I redo them if it would change anything. Do you know a way to have them pushed through?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Melissa Munoz

Chrome is suggested, although I am curious why it's taking you so long. It should only take around 2 minutes for a reference to be created, 10 minutes maximum. Is it possible that you have some Chrome extensions that may be causing the delay?

What about other Admins who are shared to the sheet, can they create references quickly?

• We have only a few other admins, but they are not "savvy" to create things. I can see if they can try with my direction. I was never able to process any references within 10 minutes. Always hours - this one specifically is taking days.

I may have to open a ticket?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Melissa Munoz

Yes, I would suggest opening a Support ticket. Before you do though, it will be helpful for them to know the answer to these troubleshooting questions/steps:

• Is this happening with every single sheet, or just one sheet (sounds like it's every sheet?)
    • Does this happen on a different browser (could it have to do with Chrome Extensions)
    • Does this happen on a different network (and are you connected to VPN?)
    • Does this happen when any other admin attempts the same action

You can ask them to create a simple cross-sheet reference like a COUNTIF:

=COUNTIF({Column}, "Value")

Here's the Help Article on how to create cross-sheet references, if that helps: Cross-sheet formulas

Cheers,

Genevieve