Automated Email Notification

M. David
M. David ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a sheet that will be collecting data through a form. We want an email to go out to a team of people every Sunday morning as a reminder for them to complete the form for that week. It should include a link to the form.

I was playing around with notifications and tried doing one to test it out. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work. There is nothing in the sheet itself to trigger this automation. I simply want a notification to go out if it happens to be a Sunday at 7:00 a.m. Is this possible? Normally there has to be some kind of trigger within the sheet, so I'm not sure. I did remove the recipients before creating the attached picture. All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭

Have you tried it for a time that isn't Sunday at 7:00am? Like say, today at 2:30pm?

Try that, put your email in as the recipient, and let me know if it works!

--------

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, here's something else you could do:

Click on your profile icon (at the bottom left of Smartsheet), go to "Personal Settings", then go to "Notifications".

Is this box checked?

If it's not, check that box, then try testing the automation again and let me know if it works.

Basically what this does is allows you to receive notifications from yourself. I'm curious if having this shut off is causing you to not receive the email notification.

Let me know!

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• M. David
    M. David ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried having it run last night to no result. I also confirmed that this box was checked on my personal settings and it already was. I'm still not sure what's causing this to not work, but am open to outside the box ideas. One thing I've wondered is if you can automate an email to a group. I haven't researched this yet, but will. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @M. David

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Brett's excellent advice/answer.

Try making a copy of the Workflow and test it with the new one.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.