Automation - need a required for meeting reminder

Hi all,

I currently have created a form to which PMs submit their project to discuss on a weekly call for authorisation.

I want to incorporate a 'Required Members' reminder for the likes of VPs and stakeholders which they then reply to if they can make the cal.

I have made a required members tab, with multiple contacts in one cell to send the email to those needed.

How can i ensure only one email is sent to those members, and not an email per line item for PM submissions?

I want to include the submissions on the email which i have done by creating a when date is reached trigger and a not in the past condition. however this does not stop the email being sent however many times we have a submission that week (sometimes 14).

i suppose i could putt the contacts on one line and not the rest therefore they are only getting one reminder, but that then only shows them the one submission that week.

In summary, i need a list between a weeks date range to be sent to contacts weekly.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Dan

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

I see! Yes, you're correct - the Contact Column part of the workflow evaluates each row separately, so it wouldn't be able to identify that you want Genevieve's row to also send to Daniel unless we were both in the same cell.

Either you can send individual rows out per-person based on who is in the Contact Column or you can send out all rows that meet the criteria to a static list. There currently isn't a way to send a batched group of rows out to contacts selected individually.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!