Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formula Help

Brett Wallace
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a formula that  says it is an incorrect argument. When I break up the two arguments they each work, but they are not working together. The error message is incorrect argument.

I don't know why they work alone, but will not work together.

Here is what it looks like when I added them together. 

Can someone tell me why it wont work, or suggest how to make it work?

=COUNTIFS([Total Inv >$1(Y orN)]3:[Total Inv >$1(Y orN)]91, "Y"., [ Team Member]3: Team Member]90, "Team member name")

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Remove the period before the comma on team member 3 and see if that works. Also the way you have bracketed team member name seems off... try this. 

=COUNTIFS([Total Inv >$1(Y orN)]3:[Total Inv >$1(Y orN)]91, "Y", [Team Member]3:[Team Member]90, "Team member name")

• I fat fingered that. I took out the period and it did not work. I also copy and pasted your suggestion, and it is still coming up as incorrect argument. 

Its weird because I have Countifs statements all over my sheet, and they all work. For some reason this one is not working. 

• I figured it out Mike, I was trying to reference 3-91 for my first argument, and 3-90 for my second. I changed the first argument to 3-90 and now it works. Thanks for trying to help me!

User error.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sneaky little numbers. frown You're welcome. 

This discussion has been closed.