Deleting entry from calendar app

Molly Stacy
Molly Stacy ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Is there any way to allow people to delete an entry straight in the calendar app view? The only way I've found is going back to the source sheet and deleting there, but I'd like to allow those with editing rights to delete right from the calendar. Thank you!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Molly Stacy

No, you would need to delete the row from the source sheet (as you've found)! Please provide your feedback to the Product team through this form, here.

What I would personally do is set up a Checkbox column in your sheet that your users can Check if they want to delete an item. Then you can use a Move Row workflow to automatically move the row to an Archive sheet (removing it from your Calendar). This would mean if there were any accidental deletions you could move it back, as well.

I hope this helps!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Molly Stacy

No, you would need to delete the row from the source sheet (as you've found)! Please provide your feedback to the Product team through this form, here.

What I would personally do is set up a Checkbox column in your sheet that your users can Check if they want to delete an item. Then you can use a Move Row workflow to automatically move the row to an Archive sheet (removing it from your Calendar). This would mean if there were any accidental deletions you could move it back, as well.

I hope this helps!

Genevieve