Using field from sheet to pull data into a form

Hello.

Is there a way to use a field that is defined on a sheet to pull associated data into a form? For example, if I have a request ID for help desk tickets. I want to use a form to query or pull in the data from a specific Help Desk request ID, allowing a user to see what is in the record.

Then, I'd like them to be able to save that data into a file such as a PDF or possibly print that specific Help Desk request.

Edward Nadareski

(e): ejnadareski@mmhayes.com

(p): (518) 857-1221

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Hans E. Eisenman
    Answer ✓

You'd likely have to do that using Smarthsheet's APIs and an app of some sort that you'd have to develop for running the API, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

• Edward Nadareski
    Edward Nadareski ✭✭✭✭

Hello Hans,

Thank you for your feedback and insight.

So, if I understand you correctly, there isn't any way to query data from a sheet using a form? Or, what I think you mentioned - from any method in Smartsheet?

Thanks again!

Edward Nadareski

(e): ejnadareski@mmhayes.com

(p): (518) 857-1221

• I also would like that option.

When in a form, i would like it to show content of specific columns to be able to choose row for input of data.

Like this: 1) choose project number/client name etc in first form row.

2) Form picks and shows relative data from that chosen row with in the wanted form. Filled with data if there is, empty if no data is available.

3) operator fills in, adjusts data in wanted fileds in form.

/Johan