Shared filter not working for other uses

Sumeet
Sumeet
edited 11/24/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I have created a shared filter on the Smartsheet sheet so that people can see certain projects only, and with the other projects being hidden.

The filters hides the other projects on my sheet however it does not automatically hide them for other people. I have about 30 people using the sheet and it won't be practical to ask everyone to go in and apply the filter from their end.

Is there a way for me to select the filter and then it filters for everyone who is using the sheet?

Thanks a lot.

Sumeet

This is the filter I created:

Tags:

Best Answers

• Devin Lee
    Devin Lee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Create a Report of the Sheet and remake the filter there. That filter will be applied by default as it's part of that Report. Then share the Report with those same people. To view information on a Report you also need to have the Sheet(s) shared with you but you can always share Sheets without a notification if you don't want people to get confused.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sumeet

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Devin's excellent advice/answer.

You could still use a sheet filter and combine it with the Current User feature, and then it would show the rows assigned to the specific viewer or similar.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sumeet
    Sumeet
    Answer ✓

Thanks you both so much for very quick and helpful responses :)

Answers