Asking questions and moderation

JLawrence
JLawrence ✭✭
edited 06/20/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I just asked a question in the forum and a message popped up. It said something along the lines of, my question will be available once moderated, but it has completely disappeared from the account. Is this normal?

I'd prefer to not lose the question as it took a while for me to explain exactly what I needed.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @JLawrence

This can sometimes happen if something in the post triggers the Community's automatic spam filter. It checks for bots, so hyperlinks, formulas, or immediate editing can cause the post to be removed for a Moderator (such as myself) to review.

I reviewed your post and approved that it's not Spam, so you can view it now here. I have also approved your account to post without being caught in this filter again.

If you need to get ahold of a Smartsheet Moderator in the future, feel free to Flag any post and use the Report function. This allows you to send a note to a Moderator and it doesn't apply any negative points to the post.

Please also submit feedback on the Community site by using the form in the top-left menu.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @JLawrence

This can sometimes happen if something in the post triggers the Community's automatic spam filter. It checks for bots, so hyperlinks, formulas, or immediate editing can cause the post to be removed for a Moderator (such as myself) to review.

I reviewed your post and approved that it's not Spam, so you can view it now here. I have also approved your account to post without being caught in this filter again.

If you need to get ahold of a Smartsheet Moderator in the future, feel free to Flag any post and use the Report function. This allows you to send a note to a Moderator and it doesn't apply any negative points to the post.

Please also submit feedback on the Community site by using the form in the top-left menu.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Thank you. Much appreciated.