Can I re-set baseline if baseline columns are used in formulas or conditional formatting rules

I have a conditional formatting to color code status cell based on risk level of the task (on schedule, behind or begin scheduled but not started). That works if I use start and date columns as planned and never change while tracking of progress - change only status and progress columns.

If I want to trace actual start and end dates, I need to use baselines. And my conditional formatting should be based on base line start and finish dates, not on actual dates. So I enabled baselines and change my conditional formatting using base line columns.

Adding rules against base line columns prevents changing such columns and removing such columns.

Am I correct to assume that re-setting baselines implies removing base lines from the sheet and re-adding them anew? In this case, how can I re-set baseline for plans where I use baseline columns in rules?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Vadim K

If you are just resetting the Baseline, then this simply updates your current Baseline columns with the new dates.

This means that your Conditional Formatting rules will stay associated with the exact same columns even though you hit "Reset"! No need to change anything.

However if you click Remove (versus Reset) and then re-add Baselines into your sheet, this would create entirely new columns so you would need to adjust all of your Conditional Formatting rules to look at the new columns before deleting out the old, original Baseline columns.

Let me know if I can clarify anything further.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Vadim K

If you are just resetting the Baseline, then this simply updates your current Baseline columns with the new dates.

This means that your Conditional Formatting rules will stay associated with the exact same columns even though you hit "Reset"! No need to change anything.

However if you click Remove (versus Reset) and then re-add Baselines into your sheet, this would create entirely new columns so you would need to adjust all of your Conditional Formatting rules to look at the new columns before deleting out the old, original Baseline columns.

Let me know if I can clarify anything further.

Cheers,

Genevieve