Email Changes to Name

When I enter in my email address, it changes to a name format. I am trying to Index/Match it to another sheet and it doesn't recognize it unless it stays in the email format. How can I set up to not convert?

Best Answer

• Edward Spencer
    Edward Spencer ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The email address is changing because the column type is "Contact List". You have two choices:

1. Change the "Corrective Action Step Owner 1" to a "text/number" field by right clicking on the header and going to "Edit Column Properties"
    2. Add a column to the right of "Corrective Action Step Owner 1" and make this a "text/number" field.

The Contact List field has some special functionality you may want to keep, if so choose #2 above. If you don't want the new column showing email to show up you can always hide it. A hidden column will still work with filters on reports or queries.

I hope this helps.

-Edward

Answers

• Edward Spencer
    Edward Spencer ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The email address is changing because the column type is "Contact List". You have two choices:

1. Change the "Corrective Action Step Owner 1" to a "text/number" field by right clicking on the header and going to "Edit Column Properties"
    2. Add a column to the right of "Corrective Action Step Owner 1" and make this a "text/number" field.

The Contact List field has some special functionality you may want to keep, if so choose #2 above. If you don't want the new column showing email to show up you can always hide it. A hidden column will still work with filters on reports or queries.

I hope this helps.

-Edward

• Amy Bedard
    Amy Bedard ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I was able to use option 2 and it seems to be working.