Can we duplicate Datameshs ?

Pierre-Eric Collette
Pierre-Eric Collette ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

Every week I need to load a new set of refreshed datapoints from Excel to Smartsheet

Then I have to recreate the datamesh I used in the past week to take into account this fresh load of data jsut uploaded.

I need to do this 3 times as there are 3 sheets that leverage this refreshed set of data

Can you think about a simpler way to do this weekly maintenance ?

I thought it would be easier if we could copy paste datameshes & just change the datasource

What do you think / what would you advise ?

Many thanks

Pierre-Eric

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Pierre-Eric Collette

Thank you for clarifying. I don't believe there's a trial period with any of the add-on applications, but the Smartsheet Sales team will be able to discuss this with you.

Other than Data Shuttle, I would suggest copying/pasting the data in to the three main sheets after you've imported the information. There currently isn't a way to Duplicate a workflow in DataMesh, or to update the sheet after a workflow has been created. You will need to re-create them every time you're looking to use a different source item. Please provide your feedback to the Product team through this form, here.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Pierre-Eric Collette

Do you have access to Data Shuttle as well? If you have Data Shuttle, you could use this to update a current sheet that's connected to your DataMesh workflow with the Excel data instead of creating new sheets with each Excel import. This means you wouldn't have to re-create your DataMesh workflows.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Genevieve P.

i currently don't have access to DataShuttle.

Do you know if this is possible to have a 30days trial period ? the cost is pretty significant to add DS to our company plan.

Other than DataShuttle can you think of a solution ?

Thanks a lot

Pierre-Eric

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Pierre-Eric Collette

Thank you for clarifying. I don't believe there's a trial period with any of the add-on applications, but the Smartsheet Sales team will be able to discuss this with you.

Other than Data Shuttle, I would suggest copying/pasting the data in to the three main sheets after you've imported the information. There currently isn't a way to Duplicate a workflow in DataMesh, or to update the sheet after a workflow has been created. You will need to re-create them every time you're looking to use a different source item. Please provide your feedback to the Product team through this form, here.

Thank you!

Genevieve