Using Smartsheet to Track Employee Compliance Attestations

I'm wondering if anyone has created a managable way of tracking the status of employee policy attestations across 100+ employees and upwards of 20+ compliance documents. I've downloaded the Smartsheet Policy Governance Templates however tracking employee status of attestation is something that's missing entirely. The policy template is focused on governance but no tracking of employee attestation, progress, etc was considered. Getting the policies out to employees via smartsheet policy templates/dashbooards is straight forward. Tracking who's read what, who needs to read what, last date read time/date stamps, giving every employee a status of what they've read and need to read, is what I need to determine if smartsheet can do. I think I may need to continue using a purpose built policy management system as doing what I need may be to difficult to maintain.

Functionality:

1. All employees can see what they've read, date/time last read, and what is in their queue to read with due dates for each policy.
  2. Policy Managers need to be able to see what policies haven't been read and who specifically still needs to read each policy.

We use a policy management system now for this but it is EOL and I need to replace with something.

Regards,

Rick

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Richard Kendall

I hope you're well and safe!

• Have you explored using the DocuSign integration?
    • Another option could be to have a collected log that shows the status for everything and everyone and show that as needed.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree:

Appreciate the feedback. I’m currently looking at how best to create an attestation log basically your second option comment.

Right now I have form button on a test dashboard the employee completes attesting they’ve reviewed one or more documents and it populates the attestation sheet. I then have a report set to display attestations = to current user so folks can see their records and I can see all the records. The dashboard above has links to all policies, etc.

thanks