How to Send Timed Reminders Based on a Trigger?

StevieSango
StevieSango ✭✭✭✭
edited 11/30/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, everyone; first post, Intermediate user. I'm hoping you can help me.

I've set up a SS to send an approval request when a new line is added to the sheet from a form entry. I've got the automation figured out for approval or declination. I'd like to send reminders if no one answers that approval, though.

What I'd like to do is, once an approval request is sent, count down a day from that request and send a reminder if it hasn't been answered, then increment a field to count the number of reminders sent. Once three reminders have been sent, a reminder will go to my manager to follow up.

I've tried with automation, and I can't get the workflow to occur daily if I use a cell change to trigger the initial automation. Change Cell Value doesn't seem to work for incrementing a cell, so I suppose I'll have to use a formula for that... but I can't seem to put all these disparate details together.

Last... I'm fine with using hidden columns, but I'd really like to keep this all on one sheet if I can.

Any ideas, or am I asking for the moon, here? Apologies if someone has tried the before, but I can't seem to find it with my Google-Fu.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers