Attachments can't be saved to Smartsheet through outlook add-in

Richard Huang
Richard Huang ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

When I save a outlook email into smartsheet, the attachments from outlook also need to saved. But when I click Save button, it shows 401 unauthorized and can't save. It works when attachments unchecked.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Richard Huang

There are two things that I would test here.The first is the size of the attachments - since they're being uploaded from outside of Smartsheet, I believe they need to be 30mb or less (see the chart at the bottom of this Help Article). Is it possible that the file size is too big, which is why you are receiving the error?

If the file size is under 30mb, the next thing I would test is to ensure you're properly synced with Smartsheet. I would suggest uninstalling the Smartsheet Outlook Add-in, then try reinstalling it to see if this approves your account to submit attachments to the sheet.

If this hasn't helped, please do contact Smartsheet Support with the image above and the troubleshooting steps you have tried. They'll be able to work with you via a private channel.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Joy I.
    Joy I. ✭✭

I, too, am having this problem. My attachment is 299KB only. I am able to save the email from Outlook to a row in a Smartsheet, so that is working. But it will not save with an attachment.