Dynamic View Comments notifications for user without access to sourcing sheet

Ruby Chu
Ruby Chu ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi,

I share Dynamic View with external stakeholders without sharing access to the sourcing sheet. Would like to know is it possible to send a notification to stakeholders when new comments have been added to the comments box with @mention?

We want to let non-sheet users receive notifications and direct them to their DV to be able to reply.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

hmm. That's what we did and it worked. Sorry it's not working for you- now I'm wondering what is the difference. Let's hope @mention functionality for DV's is coming soon on the smartsheet roadmap.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Ruby Chu

Smartsheet just told me that @mention isn't yet part of dynamic view functionality for those not shared to the underlying sheet (OR for anyone if a report is used as the DV source). We did find, however, that @mention works if you manually type the entire email address in front of the @. For example, @jane.doe@workaround.com.

Let's hope this error-prone work-around isn't needed for long. I've already put in my enhancement request here - I hope you do as well.

Kelly

• Ruby Chu
    Ruby Chu ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kelly Moore,

Thanks for the feedback. I tried the manual type email address (ex: @xxxx@gmail.com) but didn't receive any notification...Am I doing anything wrong?

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

hmm. That's what we did and it worked. Sorry it's not working for you- now I'm wondering what is the difference. Let's hope @mention functionality for DV's is coming soon on the smartsheet roadmap.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Kelly