If this, then that formula question

Hello! this may be so simple, but I'm having a hard time with it.

I want a few things to happen -

if the Approx trips per year is blank:

provide the sum of just the Registration price field & the Approximate travel field

If the Approv trips per year is NOT blank:

multiply the approx trips per year by the apprx travel cost, then provide the sum of that travel cost and the Registration price

it feels like an if statement, but I always have a hard time with the NOT blank if statements.

Tags:

Best Answer

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That said, a more linear, spoken version of the formula would look like this:

=if(isblank([approximate trips per year]@row),[registration price]@row + [approximate travel cost]@row,[registration price]@row + [approximate travel cost]@row * [approximate trips per year]@row

The first one is just smaller and more efficient by reducing the number of references.

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

=[Registration Price]@row + [Approximate Travel cost]@row * if(isblank([Approximate Trips per year]@row),1,[Approximate Trips per year]@row

that should do it for you.

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

That said, a more linear, spoken version of the formula would look like this:

=if(isblank([approximate trips per year]@row),[registration price]@row + [approximate travel cost]@row,[registration price]@row + [approximate travel cost]@row * [approximate trips per year]@row

The first one is just smaller and more efficient by reducing the number of references.

• That second one worked, thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!