Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

% Completed and Task Finished

Guy Rousseau
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I would like to have the % completed set automatically to 100% when the Task Finished is checked.

Any suggestion on how to do that?  First smartsheet struggles...

Comments

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/30/17

=if(*select the cell with the checkbox*,1)

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Guy,

If Dependencies are enabled, you can not have a formula in the % Complete column.

If your completion is binary (either 0% or 100%) and dependencies are disabled, then Luke_TK's formula is OK. If you sometimes want to have a different percentage (ie 49%), then as soon as you enter a value, the formula is gone and won't come back.

To handle situations like this I use Zapier (www.zapier.com) or other automation tool (though Zapier is by far my favored solution) or the API (code development)

Here's a similar example I wrote for Zapier - it takes a check box and enters the completion date. I have another version that allows the user to pick one of the three choices - check box "done", enter the completion date, or mark it 100% complete ... Zapier will fill in the other two. I did this because the PM entered the % Complete and the engineers had the check box .... and both wanted to capture the date.

http://ronin-global.com/2016/12/11/smartsheet-fixed-date-upon-completion/

I hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.