How to capture time elements from a form and display on a dashboard.

Good morning Experts,

I have a particular set of data that is tracking productivity with a time element reported as (hour):(minutes) AM or PM

I am gathering the data in a form using text/number. Once in the sheet/grid I cannot figure out If I can or how to auto populate the results for a single time element in my sheet summary to display on a dashboard. I believe it may be due to the nonnumerical characters of AM/PM interfering with the functions I have tried initially. I did simply select the individual cell and that will display, but when the sheet is cleared and new data arrives the sheet summary displays an #UNPARSEABLE error siting #REF.

Desired reports would include daily and an average time over a 30-day period. I'm sure I will run into more issues on my second sheet once I get there as well. Currently data is moved from primary location where the form gathers the data to a monthly sheet, then at the end of 30 days it is cataloged in a repository sheet.

Is this the best way to set this up? What formula would best work for time elements in a single day, or the average time over 30 days? Should I simply remove the AM/PM element of the data being collected?

Thank you for your assistance!

Katie

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!