Contact questions

• Even though I have entered a contact name and email address for all my contacts, some always show up as an email address when selecting a task owner. Why and how can I fix this?
  • Is there a way to only show my contacts as a default? I'm in a 300k+ user org (not all Smartheet users/licensed, but still)

Thank you!

Fernando Flores | M365 Enterprise Project Manager ✌️ 🍻

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @404.IRL

There are a few possible reasons for a contact displaying in a certain way. If you previously had added a contact to a cell in that column as just the email, the email will appear again as an option when you go to add this same contact into a cell later on.

In regards to the contacts shown as default, you can add specific users to the Contact Column Properties to make sure they're the ones seen in the dropdown list, first. See: Manage which contacts appear when you type in a cell

All users in your Organization will still be an option to select if you start typing a name in the cell, unless you Restrict the column to just the contacts you've put in its properties. See: Contact List Column

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @404.IRL

There are a few possible reasons for a contact displaying in a certain way. If you previously had added a contact to a cell in that column as just the email, the email will appear again as an option when you go to add this same contact into a cell later on.

In regards to the contacts shown as default, you can add specific users to the Contact Column Properties to make sure they're the ones seen in the dropdown list, first. See: Manage which contacts appear when you type in a cell

All users in your Organization will still be an option to select if you start typing a name in the cell, unless you Restrict the column to just the contacts you've put in its properties. See: Contact List Column

Cheers,

Genevieve

• 404.IRL
    404.IRL ✭✭

@Genevieve P. Thank you, although adding contacts as a drop down is not optimal; that would work. As far as contacts displaying as email - The particular contacts on this project were entered with name and email address as they weren't already users, yet a couple of them persist in showing up as email address instead of name. Any suggestions on how to work around this?

Fernando Flores | M365 Enterprise Project Manager ✌️ 🍻