Data Mesh Configs. on large sheets

Hello everyone!

Are there someone, who has experience wih using DataMesh on large sheets? I'm in the middle of trying to figure out how I will make my intake sheet in DataMesh, so two columns will be updated automatically. But in Smartsheet Universitys course about DataMesh they metion that a configuration can only hold 10 fields/columns and to contain more, you have to more more configurations, but don't mention how to conncet the configurations, so the very large sheet dosen't become messy, because that wouldnt be very good.

Hope you can help!

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Emmaintheoffice

Were you able to figure out a process that works for you? If you only have two columns to update automatically you should be able to do this through one workflow configuration.

To set up a second workflow configuration between the same sheets, you'll just want to make sure that the column you're using for the unique ID is the same in both workflows, and that you're mapping completely different columns in the map sheet columns tab.

Based on your account it looks like you have access to booking Pro Desk sessions; these are 30-minute coaching sessions where you can go through how to set up DataMesh configurations with someone over screen share. (See the sessions under "Connectors, Premium Apps": https://www.smartsheet.com/pro-desk).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Okay, that helped a bit. But it is not only two columns, it is many colmns. When datamesh says it only can take 10 fields, is it then 10 cells?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Emmaintheoffice

When Data Mesh refers to mapping a "field", it means mapping a column. This means each workflow can update 10 columns at one time, and multiple cells within each column.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Why does Data Mesh have a button to add more columns if it only will update 10? Also, no notification that if you add more then 10 columns they will just vanish when you save the config.