Docusign / Smartsheet | Supported Field Types

jeffthomas
edited 12/09/19 in API & Developers

Does anyone have experience working with DocuSign "Radio Groups" and merging those fields to data inside Smartsheet?

I have been utilizing the Smartsheet/DocuSign integration for several months with great results, but there are a few areas I am running into issues - this being one.

I have application forms that have several "Yes/No", or, required fields where an applicant must choose from a selection of choices. These fields are Radio Groups in DocuSign. The issue I am running into is merging/linking these fields when building the workflow inside the Smartsheet Lab DocuSign integration. These fields do not show up as options when mapping the fields. I am assuming this is because Smartsheet cannot determine which box is checked, however, each Radio Button in the group is assigned a value.

That being the case, the mapping integration, theoretically, should be able to be developed via Smartsheet by matching the Radio Group value to the Smartsheet data in the corresponding column.

Has anyone out there had any luck or found a workaround?

Comments

• Robert S.
    Robert S. Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the question. I can confirm that the radio group field in DocuSign is not currently able to be mapped with the integration. 

When a DocuSign field is mapped to a column in Smartsheet, the value that's in the cell for that column in the row that's selected is what's shown in the mapped field.

If I'm understanding correctly, you'd like to have specific values mapped as the possible choices for these radio buttons and these may be different for each row. If this is the case, one workaround for this would be to create the radio group with the number of buttons needed but no labels. You can then create text box fields for each button, and map them to columns in the Sheet (one column per text box) that will have the needed values in each row.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions on this or if i've misunderstood what you're looking for.

• Laura Bartlett
    Laura Bartlett ✭✭✭✭

Hello!

Has there been any updates to this functionality? I am trying to get some sort of drop down, radio box or even a checkbox to sync up with smartsheet.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Laura Bartlett

Yes, you should be able to sync a Checkbox type of field using Document Builder! See Document builder: Map sheet columns to a fillable PDF and Capture E-signatures with Document Builder

Cheers,

Genevieve