When can we expect an expanded color palette for Sheets?

Adrian Mandile CHESS
Adrian Mandile CHESS ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10/17/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Currently in Sheets for background fill and fonts, there is only the option of 5 shades of 8 basic colors as shown below. When can we expect this to be expanded to a full hex palette like for charts in Dashboards?

Answers

• Nik Fuentes
    Nik Fuentes ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll throw my endorsement for this feature as well, especially since we don't have any cell outline tools or automatic alternating colors. This limited color palette is all we have to make big sheets readable, so it'd be nice if it was more robust.

• I'm trying to track colour samples in Smartsheet, and it would be AMAZING if I could pick my own hex value for background colour.

I can see this simple feature has been asked for by users for years now after a quick google search while looking for instructions on how to accomplish this. Oddly, the dev teams approach seems to have been to add this ability to select the dashboard colour with hex values instead though. Obviously the technology exists for the hex values so it would be awesome if it was applied to the general colour picker tool for cell backgrounds, text colours, etc.

Thank you in advance for tackling this! :)

• Adrian Mandile CHESS
    Adrian Mandile CHESS ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @tilston, I guess for now for your colour samples, a solution may be to use MS Paint to create standard-sized (e.g. 32x32 pixels square) 'swatches' of the RGB colours that you would like to capture, save them as *.PNG format files, then attach each file to your specific Sheet row.