Save as new template set not saving all files

Hi everyone.

I have template set consisting of appx 38 sheets/reports/dashboards in total.

I have set it up with minimal info within it so every new project I start is a blank canvas but has all the automations and cell links kept.

only thing that reallly changes is the project plan.

unfortunately now when I try to save as new it is only copying the sheets, and telling me

that it encountered an error please contact the support line. It was working but has suddenly stopped. Only 8 of 32 items being saved as new.

any ideas or is it a glitch within Smartsheet. Been happening for 24 hours.

thanks

Boyd

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Boyd

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

If you haven't already, I recommend reaching out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Boyd
    Boyd ✭✭

Hi Andree,

I have reached out to them a couple of times. Sadly i have pourd alot of time in to this and need it for my day to day activities. At this point in time i have a job not taking place for this reason.

They seem more focused on sales rather than support.

Are you suggesting there should be no reason for this, other than a glitch?

If thats the case i am somewhat happy because at least i dont have to go back to the drawing board with my workspace set up.

Thanks

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Boyd

Yes, I'm suggesting that there shouldn't be any reason for this, and it's probably a character or formula in some way that is the issue. So yes, it's probably a glitch in the matrix.

Have you tried the following steps?

• Log out / in again
    • Try a different browser
    • Try the browsers in Private/Incognito mode

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Boyd
    Boyd ✭✭

If you are happy to take a look that would be great. How do we do that? Video meeting?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Boyd

Could you share it with me first so I can have a quick look, and then we could schedule a meeting if needed?

• Boyd
    Boyd ✭✭

Andre thanks so much for your help and feedback. The support ticket I raised was escalated and it was resolved.

There was a bug/glitch with a contact column in one of the sheets that was disrupting the whole transfer.

Appreciate your responsiveness greatly though!

Cheers mate