Collating Multiple Attachments

Hello Everyone!

One of the things we use Smartsheet to accomplish is generating contracts using the Document Generation tool. However, once the attachment is created, if we try to print off multiple PDF's from the attachment, they do not collate. This doesn't happen with other programs on the computer, or with the same printer, so I'm pretty confident that it isn't a printer or computer setting that is causing it, though I could definitely be mistaken. Has anyone else run into this issue? And if so, would you be willing to share your workaround?

Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @John Keetch,

Smartsheet doesn't currently offer the option to print attachments directly from a sheet. For this reason, I would understand that what you are intending is to download those items in bulk. To this you would need to make sure that the "Download files" action is selected in the "Actions" menu and not with the three dots beside any of the documents as shown below. This will give you the option to download them in bulk. You can see this article for further reference.  

If I have misinterpreted your query, please include some screenshots of the actions you are using to print the documents. Please remember to hide any information that shouldn't be seen by external users to your organization. 

I hope this can offer some guidance. 

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @John Keetch,

Smartsheet doesn't currently offer the option to print attachments directly from a sheet. For this reason, I would understand that what you are intending is to download those items in bulk. To this you would need to make sure that the "Download files" action is selected in the "Actions" menu and not with the three dots beside any of the documents as shown below. This will give you the option to download them in bulk. You can see this article for further reference.  

If I have misinterpreted your query, please include some screenshots of the actions you are using to print the documents. Please remember to hide any information that shouldn't be seen by external users to your organization. 

I hope this can offer some guidance. 

Cheers!

Julio

• After some further validation, we figured out that it was an actual printer setting that was causing the issue. Thanks for the help :D