edited 02/28/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Can I import hyperlinks from Google Sheets using Data Shuttle

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Shawn Church

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, I'm pretty sure that you can, but I haven't tested it specifically with Hyperlinks.

If you don't have access to Data Shuttle, I'd be happy to help test it for you, and there might be other options that could work.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Shawn Church
    Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Andree,

I have already set up a sheet importing data using Data Shuttle. Everything seems to be importing correctly, however, the data with hyperlinks in Google Sheets just comes through as text and the hyperlink is gone.

If there is a setting or option I'm missing that will correct this - I'd love to know. Or, if there's another way to pull the data that will keep the hyperlinks that would be great. The data I'm pulling is coming from a Google Sheet that is updated daily with pfd links, so I have scheduled my Smartsheet to update daily, but the links do not transfer.

Thanks again

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Shawn Church

You're correct: currently Data Shuttle brings in hyperlinked text as the Display Value of the cell, or the surface text. If you can get the raw url (like “https://www.google.com”) in a cell, Data Shuttle can then write that into a sheet and it will be clickable.

Please let the Product team know about your feature request through this form!

Cheers,

Genevieve