3rd party form

ginamt3
ginamt3 ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party form to get data into a sheet? I have this attached sheet that our costing department uses. If I were to use SS form it would get too long. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ginamt3

Even though the form would be long, I would suggest that using a Smartsheet form that's directly associated with your underlying sheet may be the best way to gather this data. You could split up the form with Headers and Conditional Logic to break up the data so it's easier to navigate.

An easy alternative would be to use Google Forms, since you can automatically sync data gathered from a Google Form to a Smartsheet Sheet, see: Smartsheet Sync Add-on for Google Forms

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @ginamt3

Even though the form would be long, I would suggest that using a Smartsheet form that's directly associated with your underlying sheet may be the best way to gather this data. You could split up the form with Headers and Conditional Logic to break up the data so it's easier to navigate.

An easy alternative would be to use Google Forms, since you can automatically sync data gathered from a Google Form to a Smartsheet Sheet, see: Smartsheet Sync Add-on for Google Forms

Cheers,

Genevieve

• ginamt3
    ginamt3 ✭✭✭✭

thank you. Yes, after looking at many other forms, I came back to smartsheet form. I was able to break it up like you suggest.