Dynamic Production Date Schedule

I work for a small company who manufactures kitchens in Oxfordshire. We are able to make 9 kitchen units per day, 4 days a week - so a kitchen that has a total of 27 units would take 3 days to complete.

As there are many external factors that can delay or bring forward the manufacturing dates, there are many occasions where the schedule needs to be adjusted to suit this - we currently write our schedule of dates/ production schedule on a whiteboard in the workshop so when it has to be changed it can be very time consuming.

I am wondering if there is a way to utilise smartsheets to make this more efficient. For example, I am ideally wanting to change a specific customers finish date and the rest of the customers dates automatically update, chronologically, to suit. Ideally, changing all dates to ensure there are no overlapping projects.

The columns could be something like: Customer Name, Kitchen Size, Estimated Time, Start Date, Finish Date

If any more information is needed please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

The Kitchen Man

Answers