Want to Add Documents from One Drive to Dashboards - Receiving Admin Message

Has anyone else received the following message when trying to connect documents to their dashboard from One Drive? I don't have an issue, but someone else under our license is. She spoke to our Helpdesk and they said it's a Smartsheet issue, but I don't think it is. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and what you did to correct it. Thank you! Sheryl

Tags:

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sheryl,

I think this issue is due to the access right of users to the documents from One Drive. The documents should be shared to users or make them available to all user.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• Sheryl Sheldon
    Sheryl Sheldon ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Gia Thinh - thank you for your response. The person who is trying to connect to the One Drive is the owner of the drive. This is very confusing! I have no issues, but she does. We checked with our IS department and they said it's a Smartsheet issue, but I can't see how that's possible when I have no issues and we are under the same license. Very perpelxing!

Sheryl

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sheryl,

If the person kristin.kraft@cchc.org who is trying to connect to the One Drive is the owner of the drive then she needs to login to One Drive with this email kristin.kraft@cchc.org first.

And she also needs to login to Smartsheet account with her email kristin.kraft@cchc.org.

She may want to use "Sign in with Microsoft" when login to Smartsheet. This is a good option for users.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• Sheryl Sheldon
    Sheryl Sheldon ✭✭✭✭

@Gia Thinh - Hello! Yes, we made sure of both of those things. I had her log into her One Drive before she tried to connect to it from Smartsheet. She was able to log into her One Drive no problem. When she tried to connect to it from Smartsheet, she received the "Approval Required" message even though she was logged in to One Drive.