Sharing only a specific section of sheet

Hi All,

Hopefully someone might be able to help me out :)

I want to only share specific sections (highlighted section in picture) of information with my installers. I currently have all of them on this schedule sheet. I have set them up with a Smartsheet free account to view only but when I share the sheet it seems it shares the whole sheet. I want each installer to be able to view only their schedule (for a bunch of reasons).

I want this to be live so just sending an email with a screenshot isn't preferable. My only other option is to link the section to a new sheet and share that maybe?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Matt Allen

I hope you're well and safe!

• I'd recommend creating a Report with the Current user filter or multiple Reports.
    • Which Smartsheet plan do you have?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• So I've done this but the next issue is that (as far as I can tell) if I don't share the original sheet with the viewer they can't view the information in the sheet. So on their app they can see the column titles but everything else looks blank. If I share the original sheet then the installer will have access to all the other information which is not what I want.

Is there a workaround for this?

• @Andrée Starå I didn't tag you in my reply above so unsure if you got the notification for my follow up question? Thanks again for your help.