Formula for Quantifying Importance based on Priority Level and Due Date

Hello,

I am looking to create a formula to help prioritizing tasks based on importance and due date. I assigned a value for the priority level as:

=SUM(IF(Priority@row = "High", 6, (IF(Priority@row = "Medium", 4, (IF(Priority@row = "Low", 2)))))) + ______

The second part of the equation I need to have based on due date. I would like anything past the due date as a value of 6, anything on the due date to be a value of 5, anything within 4 days of the due date a value of 4, anything within 7 days but beyond 4 days to be a value of 3, and anything due beyond a week to be a value of 2.

In theory, I want the value to deem the importance so a user would then know that anything with a value of 12 is the top priority and so on.

Let me know if you can assist!

Thanks,

Kevin

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @KevinHarrisCHT

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=
    IF(OR(Priority@row = "", Due@row = ""), "", 
    IF(Priority@row = "High", 6, IF(Priority@row = "Medium", 4, IF(Priority@row = "Low", 2))) + 
    IF(Due@row < TODAY(), 6, IF(Due@row = TODAY(), 5, IF(Due@row < TODAY(4), 4, 
    IF(Due@row < TODAY(7), 3, IF(Due@row > TODAY(), 2))))))

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!