Timestamps only match selected date format when clicked on

Hello,

I am sending data to a Smartsheet via the API. I have been following the requirements for dates to be in isoformat 8601 per the documentation without any issue for over a year. Recently however, the dates are coming in as their raw format instead of the format prescribed for the date column in the sheet itself. Only if I double click on the cell and click out of it will it appear as the correct format.

I have another workflow that is doing the same thing but the dates are automatically appearing as the correct date. Is there something I need to add to my workflow to get the dates to consistently appear as the default date format?

The attached screenshot is how they are coming in, and the top cell is where I've double clicked it and selected elsewhere.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Kurt Maurer
    Kurt Maurer ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have solved my own problem. I was setting cell.strict = False for all cells passed to the sheet. Adding logic that set it back to cell.strict = True for date columns fixed the issue, and the sheet interprets the timestamp passed as the dateformat rather than passing the raw timestamp to the display value.

Answers

• Kurt Maurer
    Kurt Maurer ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I have solved my own problem. I was setting cell.strict = False for all cells passed to the sheet. Adding logic that set it back to cell.strict = True for date columns fixed the issue, and the sheet interprets the timestamp passed as the dateformat rather than passing the raw timestamp to the display value.