Request Access Notification

Chase Arthur
Chase Arthur ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I provision all projects for our PMO and each project is housed in a Workspace to control access, so, I am the 'owner' for each project in our organization...

This setup worked for a time, but now that we're scaling up, I'm receiving access requests for projects almost hourly. Unfortunately, the way we have our project workspace templates setup, everything has a generic name (each project workspace contains 18 sheets, 3 dashboards and 18 reports).

When I receive requests for access, I just see "Bob is requesting access to Project Plan." So for each request I would need to track down Bob, see what he needs access to, figure out if Bob should have access to what he is requesting, then give Bob access to the entire workspace instead of just the one sheet/report/dashboard that was requested.

There are standard project emails that our project managers send out each week that include links to the project dashboards. These emails are forwarded, which is where the automatic requests start.

Is there a way to turn off the "request access" functionality for our corporate account? Ideally I would like someone to have to email their project manager for access, rather than trying to automated the process.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chase

Comments