Parent Rows in Report

Hello,

I have a made a current user report which shows only tasks where the current user needs to update. However I need the parent rows to show above the current user which may not be assigned to the same user.

Is there any way to show parent rows in a report if there is filters that are applied which stop from parent rows being seen?

Answers

• Jon Mark H
    Jon Mark H ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey lukasrobbo97!

Are there multiple parent rows in the sheet?

Would specific users ONLY need to see specific parent rows as well?

Or would they need to see all of the parent rows in the sheet?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @lukasrobbo97

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Add a so-called helper column in the sheet(s), and it should be a multi-select contact column where you add the users that are part of the children rows and include it as an option for a current user filter in the Report.

How many users can there be? And can the users in the children's rows change a lot? If yes, my solution above would not scale so well, and we'd need to modify it.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• sandra.love
    sandra.love ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå

I have several project plans and I want to create a report filtered by users so they can see all the tasks they have assigned to them across the different projects. I want the parent row for the assigned task to also show up so they have context for the task. The parent row will either be unassigned or possibly assigned to someone else. How can I get those parent rows to show up?