In Calendar App/Quarter View, can you change the Fiscal Year output of year? (Q1-FY2022 vs Q1-FY2023

CynB
CynB
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Our fiscal year runs April 1-March 31. In the Quarter View, all events running April 1, 2022 through June 30, 2022 are showing up as FY2023. However, April 1, 2022 is the START of fiscal year 2022 for us. I would like the Quarter View to show it as FY2022 Q1 and not FY2023.

Is there any fix for this? (See below. Events in 2/18/2022 should be Q4 FY2021 and events in 4/1/22 should be Q1 FY2022).

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @CynB

The Calendar App will determine the Fiscal Year by the year of the last month of the quarters specified. This is why you're seeing a Fiscal Year starting in Apr 2022 show as FY2023.

There currently isn't a way to customize the headers to show a different year than this end year; please let the Product team know of your feedback through this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @CynB

The Calendar App will determine the Fiscal Year by the year of the last month of the quarters specified. This is why you're seeing a Fiscal Year starting in Apr 2022 show as FY2023.

There currently isn't a way to customize the headers to show a different year than this end year; please let the Product team know of your feedback through this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Meg D
    Meg D ✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P. ,

I have this same question but I'm not 100% sure I understand your answer. Does this mean that companies that have a non-January fiscal year start won't be able to use the quarterly view without year inaccuracies in the headers?

Thank you for your help!

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Meg D

You can set the start month of your fiscal quarter in the 6th tab of the Calendar setting window:

However the year that appears after "Q1 FY" will be based on the year of the last month. So if your start is August 2022, then your Q4 would end in July 2023, so the FY would show as 2023. These would be the quarter headers:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Could you give an example of the data and the desired result? How does a "grant year" differ from a "fiscal year" (and how do both differ from a "calendar year")?

Just a short answer - if you want to display 2023 for all dates from September 1 2023 through August 31 2024, you can use an expression:

FY: Year(DateAdd("m", --4, [datefield])