JIRA Connector not pulling in expected fields

Todd Smelser
Todd Smelser ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

Trying to use SS to pull data from JIRA but expected fields are not being populated.

Specifically, The Epic Name field, clearly present in JIRA, fails to sync to SS.

Message returned in SS is "Epic Name Not Set" and the Epic Name Column is blank

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Answers

• To be clear, the Epic Name presented in the Screen shot is attached to SSENG-27807 (First Epic)

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Todd Smelser

Are you receiving an error message, or is it simply not populating?

If you see this error: "Field Epic Name cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."

Then the most likely cause is that the Epic Name is not present on the Create/Edit Screens for your project in Jira. To resolve this, open your Jira project and navigate to the Create Issue screen to verify whether or not this field is included.

If this hasn't helped, please contact Smartsheet Support with screen captures of your workflow set-up, showing the mapped fields, along with a Work Support Info File.

Instructions for gathering Workflow Support Info File:

• In the Jira Connector dashboard, select the timestamp under the Run Date column of the workflow. This will bring you to the workflow run history where you can see any error messages for each run.
    • Select the timestamp under Last Run for the latest run of the workflow.
    • On following page, go to the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines in the upper left) and choose Download Workflow Execution Support Info.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi, thank you for your help, I have opened a support ticket two days ago with no response. I do not get an error. The workflow completes normally.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Todd Smelser

Is it possible that this field is being mapped to another column, one that is perhaps hidden? It would be helpful (for Community & for Support) to see screen captures of the mapping page of your workflow, like in this other Community post.

• Todd Smelser
    Todd Smelser ✭✭✭
    edited 03/30/22

I do not believe so. I did attach the screen shots to this request. I am also attaching the screen showing no errors and the mapping in the workflow here

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Todd Smelser

The screen shots in your original post are from Jira and Smartsheet separately. Both of these platforms seem to be working fine, it's the connection that is causing the issue.

Because of this, in order to troubleshoot why this field isn't pulling through as expected, it would be helpful to see screen captures of the Connector Workflow Configuration, how the columns are mapped in the Connector itself. Support will also need the Workflow Info File, mentioned above. I hope this helps clarify what's needed!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• I did provide those screenshots above Genevieve. Thank you for all your help!

• Genevieve P.

Ah my apologies! I missed the edit in the post. Thank you for this additional information, it does look like the configuration is set up correctly and the name should be pulling through.

Support will be the next step then, since the configuration looks correct on first glance. If you haven't received a response yet for an online ticket submitted, I would suggest checking to see if your account has Phone services available. See: 24 x7 Global Phone Support

Cheers,

Genevieve

• It does, thank you. I will give them a call

• Todd Smelser
    Todd Smelser ✭✭✭
    edited 03/30/22

Hi @Genevieve P. , One question for you. In your instructions, you asked me to ensure that the Epic Name is included in the template for create a story. It is not, but it is a field that is present in the story itself, (filled out after the story is created, I am assuming) as demonstrated in the screen shot above. Are you saying that the connector will not pull that field if it is not included in the template when the story is created?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Todd Smelser

Yes, the field would need to be present on the Create screen config in order to be pulled in to Smartsheet through the connector.

• Todd Smelser
    Todd Smelser ✭✭✭
    edited 03/31/22

Thank you. I did find out that your connector, according to support, is not supporting this field for the JIRA cloud instances that support Roadmapping, which we use extensively,

This needs to be fixed by the connector team ASAP.