Is it possible to query the URL's of sheets to table?

Hi there,

I am trying to update some references on a roll up sheet and would like to quickly get the URL's of some key project artifacts. I'm not sure if there's a SQL type function in Smartsheet that would let me quickly let me get this data across all our workspaces.

For example, I'd like to find all my Project Budget's which have been provisioned for projects which are normally formatted "Project Name - Project Budget" by using a function similar to a SQL "like" operator.

Is there a way to easily achieve this?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @summetg

I would actually suggest that the fastest way to find these sheets is to use the Search feature in Smartsheet.

If you put "Project Budget" in quotes, you can filter by Sheet Names to find all sheets within your entire Smartsheet account that contain that exact phrase:

See: Search Tips to Find Your Smartsheet Items

Cheers,

Genevieve

• summetg
    summetg ✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

Thanks for the tip. I'm familiar with that function, but I'm looking more for a dump from the back end into tabular format which would show the URLs and the object names. (i.e. A table that lists an export of that search like a GUID, object name, URL, date etc.)

I may have another solution based on the config, but curious is that possible?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @summetg

Thank you for clarifying. A System Admin for your plan can download a Sheet Access Report which generates an excel file that lists out all of the sheets in your account across all workspaces. This includes the Sheet Name, the "key" (end part of the URL), location, owner, shared users, and last modified date in UTC.

See More Actions in User Management for more information on this type of report.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• summetg
    summetg ✭✭

I will take a look to see if this is works, thanks