Using Smartsheet for Event Registration Acceptance and/or Event Registration Reporting

1) Are you using Smartsheet to collect registrations for your events?

2) Are you using Smartsheet to report on event registrations in a shared report or dashboard?

3) Can we collaborate?

We are an association membership community with a limited budget. We are thinking of using Smartsheet for several different use cases:

• A simple registration form for our free events
  • Reporting on registration data from our event registration tool
  • Providing external reports to our customers and sponsors on event attendance and engagement in a dashboard format that can be updated real-time

I look forward to discussing your use case (or brainstorming!)

Thanks,

Mary

Best Answers

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mary Zampino

Have you looked at the excellent Templates in the Solution Center?

They can be a great starting point.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Not yet! Thanks for the reminder!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Mary Zampino

You're more than welcome!

Here are two to get you started.

Would any of those work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• We are utilizing Zoom to document "Participation" and needing to update that in our Smartsheet against "registration". Is there an easier way to do that than by manually marking attendance in a Smartsheet?

I'd like to be able to upload two separate excel downloads from Zoom and import them into Smartsheets and merge duplicates. For example: the registration report from Zoom captures more fields like "First, Name, Last, Name, Institution, Title, State". Whereas the attendance report from Zoom only captures name and email. How can I use these lists in Smartsheet to produce one "report" containing all contact information plus attendance status?

• Hi Amy,

Excellent questions, thanks for asking. Someone smarter than I will have to weigh in regarding your questions on eliminating duplicates.

I would use vlookup from one sheet to the other to complete the missing information. https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476606-formulas-reference-data-from-other-sheets

Report 1: Zoom registration information with First, Name, Last, Name, Institution, Title, State

Report 2: Zoom attendance sheet with name and email

Report 3: A combo report where you merge the two together by using the email address to cross-reference. Vlookup the email address in report 1 to add more detail to report 2.

Note: depending on how you have zoom set up, you may have one person register with one email address and attend using a different email address. So audit your data to make sure that hasn't happened to you.

Feel free to share the sheets with me and I'll be happy to take a look.

• Love the Event Registration templates from SmartSheet. But, I didn't know that there was an Automation workflow built-in and activated, and when I tested (with "clean" content - LOL), the response got sent to all the people shared in my Workspace. Oops. In templates, maybe SmartSheet should build the automations, but then allow the users to turn them on as they wish.

But, have a question: Is there a way to put a calendar link (.ics or otherwise) in the confirmation email so the registrant can add directly to their calendar?

@Andrée Starå @Mary Zampino

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jason Wirl

I hope you're well and safe!

That is a tricky one because you can't attach a dynamic isc file, but it might be possible to create a dynamic link.

How would you need it to work? Is it one event with a set time, or can there be multiple different time slots, or different events?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Asha Krishnan
    Asha Krishnan ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/07/22

@Amy Shank I have a similar scenario at hand now. Did you figure out a different way to update the attendance from Zoom in the Smartsheet without having to manually mark it? Thanks!