Grouping Reports

Kimbh
Kimbh ✭✭✭✭
edited 04/06/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, I have two sheets I'm putting into a report. They have different primary columns. I wanted to group by the first sheet's primary column and pull in additional information for the second sheet that has been matching and no matching column headers. But when I pick primary in group, it will only use the second sheets' primary information, which I don't want. I decided, instead, to group by company name, which is not a primary column but both sheet share. Which will work, however, all the columns from sheet one are blank. Why will it not show the information from sheet one? Do the primary columns in both sheets in the report have to match?

Thank you

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kimbh

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

No, the primary column doesn't need to match.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.