Dashboard- weekly project status submissions

Hi,

I would like to create a monthly dashboard that displays which project managers have submitted their status each week. I have a master Project Management Sheet where project managers submit their status. I plan to have an automation that clears whatever the project manager has added , in order to make room for their new status the following week. My question is, how would I be able to track their weekly submissions and report on them, if they are cleared every week? I would sincerely appreciate any advice, tips or tricks.

Thank you!

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/17/22

Hi @andhou,

There's no need to clear submissions in your master sheet. Just leave them there for tracking weekly.

You can add some helper columns : "Year", Week", "Current week" to get information from the "Created" column by below formulas:

=YEAR(Created@row)

=WEEKNUMBER(Created@row)

=IF(Week@row = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()), 1)

Then create a report with filter of "Current week" is checked, and show the report in the dashboard.

Hope that helps.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• Hi Gia,

Thank you for your detailed answer. I appreciate i!

• Hello Gia -

I am interested in this as well. I've added the helper columns and created a new report - however, my PM's updates are flowing into the same row (see attachment). Is there any way to pull and report only on the latest 'updated text'?