However when the form is submitted, they look like text

When i manually change them from gridview, they are in number format

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ataberk_teknekaya

In the sheet, select the column with your numbers. Use the decimal buttons to set the column to show numbers with one decimal place (1.0, 2.0, etc.) This should tell Smartsheet that you want these to be saved as numbers.

I created the column above and set the decimal to one decimal place. It's a single-select dropdown column with choices of 1, 2, 3, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0.

When I selected "2" from the dropdown and submitted the form, it saved as 2.0 on the right side of the cell, indicating it's a number value.

When I selected "6.0" from the dropdown and submitted the form, it saved as 6.0 on the right side of the cell, indicating it's a number value.

When I placed math formulas referencing these cells in a neighboring column, they calculated correctly, further proving they are saving as numeric values:

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ataberk_teknekaya

I set the column to no decimal places, and changed my form to radio buttons like yours. I got the same results as I did before:

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• @Jeff Reisman

Thanks a lot for your interest on the subject. I have tried your solution an it didn't work.

The problem was my regional settings. In Turkey, we use comma for decimal points and smartsheet does not consider regional settings on forms. Therefore numbers with point decimals register as texts.