Stack Chart

Sherri Anderson
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am trying to create a stack chart based on counts of multiple columns.  For example I have a column titled "Quarter" that is a dropdown list which could contain Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 or Next Year.  I have a second column titled "Status" with a dropdown list of Red, Yellow, Green, Blue.  Red means not started, Yellow mean Scoping, Green means In Development and Blue means complete.  

I want to create a stack chart that shows me in separate bars the total items in each Quarter, then within those bars, I want to know how many of those items are not started, Scoping, In Development of Complete.

I am unable to find any information that could help me do this.  Can anyone walk me through this?

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to build out a table and have those counts in a sheet somewhere. You can then reference the table in your dashboard widget to include that data and select the stacked bar chart.

The table would look something like this...

Red     Yellow     Green     Blue

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Next Year

You would then use a COUNTIFS formula referencing both the x and the y axis to pull your totals.

• crachon
    crachon ✭✭

Hi Paul - would the best way to do this is to create a new sheet to do the counting by linking to another sheet? Do you know the formula to do a countifs linking to a different sheet?