Can't see the comments column in Gannt view

The comments column in my Gantt chart has disappeared and it is driving me crazy. Can anyone tell me how to get it back?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Bec2121

Are you talking about the Conversations column (the very small one to the far left that opens up the Conversations Panel) or a Text/Number column in your sheet called "Comments"?

Even in Gantt View, you should be able to click on the Conversations icon to add a comment:

However if you're talking about the "Comments" Tex/Number column, as you can see in the image above, when the Gantt view opens up it covers some columns. It may be that you just need to scroll over in the Grid part of the view to see your additional columns!

If this isn't your issue, it would be helpful to see some screen captures, but please block out sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• It's the column on the left with the speech bubble icon in it that seems to come and go at will. Sometimes when I open the sheet the column is there and other times it is not.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Bec2121

In the same way that the Column was hidden until I scrolled over to the right to find it, the Conversations column with the speech bubble will be hidden if you scroll to the right and you may need to scroll back to the left to find it. Could this be the cause?

Another potential cause could be an outdated browser version (see: System requirements and guidelines for using Smartsheet), and I would potentially check your Browser Extensions as well (see: Step 2: Troubleshoot issues caused by browser extensions).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• It's not a scrolling issue but perhaps it's a browser issue - I'll check that out. Thanks :-)